Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Play Your Soundtrack

I've heard it said that you should listen to "happy music" when you're feeling down, and this will lift your spirits.  But what, exactly, is "happy music"?

For me, the music that makes me feel good is the soundtrack from a happy time in my life.  It might be the songs that were popular during my senior year in high school or the CD that my husband and I listened to on a road trip when we were first dating.  Any song that evokes happy memories has the power to change your mood.

I've got plenty of my own personal "happy songs" stored on my iPod.  They make me feel good when things aren't going well, and when I'm already happy, they just make things that much better.

If you're a musical person, a well played song can be balm for your weary soul.  So, next time you're feeling beat-up by the world, put on your own personal soundtrack and relax.  It's going to be alright. 

No comments: